We are currently looking for a friendly and competent teacher assistant o join our innovative team. If you are a compassionate and self-motivated individual with a specific interest in Early Childhood Education, we urge you to apply. In this position, you will be responsible for supervising students, developing lesson plans, preparing lesson materials, and maintaining a safe and healthy classroom environment that promotes growth, under the leadership of a Heat Teacher supervision. The candidate must enjoy working with children and be devoted to building a positive and nurturing environment that promotes child development. To excel in this role, you must be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills, as well as in-depth knowledge of Child Development, classroom management, and knowledge of OCFS (Office of Children and Family Services) and NAEYC (National Association of Education for the Young Child.
Job Title: Teaching Assistant
Location: Rochester, NY, Monroe County
Department: Baden Street Child Development Center
Employment Type/Hours: Full-time position, 37.5 hours per week. Late afternoon/early evening required – media club.
Teacher Assistant Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work side by side with Lead Teacher in monitor class and student routines and behavior’s
- Assist with lesson plan preparation and implementation and assisting in preparing material and setting up materials
- Ensuring classroom environment is safe and clean per OCFS Regulations
- Collaborate with Lead Teacher to recognize issues students are facing and recommend solutions
- Able to document and articulate student progress and communicate to parents to keep them informed of children progression
- Attend all CDC recommended and mandated training for CDC and OCFS and any other regulatory requirements
Teacher Assistant Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- CDA or Higher Degree in education or relevant field per OCFS Regulation
- A minimum 2 years experience working in a childcare or teaching assistant environment
Salary position with benefits: Paid vacation, sick, and holidays. Retirement plan. Paid training. Eligible for health insurance and pre-tax flexible spending plan for medical expenses and child care.
Interested? Please send resume to Carol Robinson – firstname.lastname@example.org or call (585) 232-4330 x 1251