Department: Emergency and Family Assistance
Location: 13 Vienna street
Job Title: Mature Adult Resource Center Assistant Coordinator (M.A.R.C.)
Under the supervision of the MARC coordinator and in accordance with the policies of the Board of Directors of Baden Street Settlement of Rochester, Inc, the Kitchen Aide is responsible for serving the food in the Mature Adult Resource Center to the senior participants, keeping the food at proper temperature before and during serving, keeping the kitchen and serving area sanitized and clean in the area after serving.
In order to effectively carry out the duties of this position, the Kitchen Aide must have 6 hours of food safety training, in addition, goo skills in coordination and communication and the ability to establish good working relationships both internally with staff and externally with client and the community.
- Be polite, courteous and helpful to the participants.
- Serve food in a sanitize manner
- Serve portions size according to MCOFA menus
- Wear hair net while serving food.
- Do not pack leftovers for the seniors or staff (This is a health hazard)
With Program and Department:
- Attend Food Safety training as required by program
- Keep food at appropriate e temperatures
- Calibrate the thermometer daily prior to checking food.
- Clean dishes, table, trays and steam table daily
- Keep entire area sanitized neat and orderly
- Monitor supplies weekly and report any shortage to Coordinator.
- Adhere to all agency policies and personnel code.
- Attend meeting as required
- Uphold the agency in appositive manner at all time in the community.
- Meet with supervisor on a regular schedule basis
- Other duties may be assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or G>ED and six hours of Food Safety Training.
- Equivalent training and experience which indicates the ability to satisfactory carry out the assigned duties and 6 hours of Food Safety Training.